Wednesday 26 October 2011

Classic Voigtlander Perkeo l Medium Format 6x6

Never tried any single-lens 6x6 before, I decided to pick up this Perkeo_l just for fun and convenience. As compared to my heavier though much more reliable Rolleiflex TLRs, this camera is so much lighter and can be very convenient to carry around.
Accordingly, this camera can be haunted by the issue of planarity due to possible wobbling of its bellow when shooting. We just can't have both worlds, can we?



I managed to open up the top plate to clean out any dust while the lens is still very clean despite its age.  It's fully manual mode of shooting can be an issue with exposure values and definitely have to switch on my sunny 16 rule again. If not, my Rollei 35S/T can always tag along and manage the metering issue, just in case!
Meanwhile I am so eager to try out this camera after viewing so many wonderful shots of other users with this classic!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment