Wednesday 2 March 2011

Rolleiflex f3.5.Cleaning viewing/focusing & taking lens.

 The dirty focusing /viewing lens has prompted me to take them out for cleaning. Here I have disassembled the lens for a thorough checking and cleaning.A explosive view of Rolleiflex models & repair manual can be found here too.
 I take out the taking lens for cleaning too.At the same time, I do a routine checking on other parts to clean out all dirt and old grease, if any. Looks ok to me.
 I have to open up the shutter mechanism to do a checking too. If you have opened up one before, they all look the same except for their positioning within the camera. Here, the timer mechanism has been placed not inside the compur system but taken out and placed on the top left corner.

 Here is the timer on the top left corner. Just take it out and clean it with benzene and add a drop of lubricant if it is not working.Test it a few times before assembling it.
The heart of the shutter mechanism! No rust or any dirt and all seems well otherwise I have to disassemble it piece by piece and lubricate them for a smoother operation. The empty slot is meant for the timer mechanism. Check them out in the kodak retina and you can find them. Disassembling this mechanism takes some time and just be cautious with all the small spring that can bounce out!


 What a beautiful solid camera made in Germany and the leatherette is real leather! Here is my Rolleiflex 3.5 ready for my next spin!

No comments:

Post a Comment